Darktide, the latest cooperative action game from Fatshark, has had several issues since its initial release. One of the most common mistakes is Error 2006, which could cause players to be kicked out of the game.
This article will explain what Error 2006 means, why it occurs, and what you can do about it.
What is Error 2006?
As a generic error code, Error 2006 might have several potential root causes. It can happen anytime, whether when players try to join a session, in the middle of a quest, or even returning to the central hub.
Disconnected from the game session” is a standard error message for Error 2006. The error code is 2006. After that, the system will take them back to the homepage.
What causes Error 2006?
There are several possible causes for Error 2006, including:
- Connectivity issues: Problems with the player’s connection to the Darktide servers are a common source of the Error 2006 message. A sluggish or unreliable internet connection or an issue with the Darktide servers could be to blame.
- Server bugs: Error 2006 could also be brought on by server bugs.
- Fatshark is still working on resolving Error 2006, a known issue in Darktide.
- Game client bugs: Error 2006 can also be brought on by client-side game issues. The origin of these problems may lie in out-of-date game files or an incompatibility with another application.
How to fix Error 2006
There are several things that players can try to fix Error 2006, including:
Check your internet connection:
The first thing players should examine if they receive Error 2006 is their internet connection. Verify the consistency and high speed of your connection. Moreover, consider switching from a wireless to a cable connection if you can.
Restart your router:
After verifying that your internet connection is working correctly, you should restart your router if you still encounter the Error 2006 message. This may fix any minor connectivity issues.
Verify your game files:
Corrupted game files may also be to blame for Error 2006. You can double-check your Darktide files by going to your Steam library, right-clicking the game, and then clicking “Properties.” Follow this by going to the “Local Files” section and choosing “Verify integrity of game files.”
If you’ve already tried those solutions and are still getting Error 2006, reinstalling Darktide might be your last resort. This will uninstall Darktide from your system and reinstall it from scratch.
After attempting the troubleshooting steps mentioned earlier, if Error 2006 persists, you should contact Fatshark’s support team.
Here are some additional tips that may help to prevent Error 2006 from occurring:
- Keep your game and graphics drivers up to date: Always use the most up-to-date version of the Darktide client and video drivers.
- Close any unnecessary programs: You should not have any other applications open while playing Darktide. However, the potential for conflict is diminished, and resources are released.
- Avoid playing during peak hours: Evenings and weekends are prime times for Darktide use. To avoid server congestion, it’s best to play at non-peak times.
Darktide frequently encounters Error 2006, which various factors could cause. The procedures mentioned above are a starting point for players experiencing Error 2006. After attempting the solutions above and receiving Error 2006, don’t hesitate to contact Fatshark support for more assistance.