Keep tabs on your valuables with the help of your AirTag. If your AirTag’s location stops updating, however, what should you do? There might be a number different causes for this, and you can do a few different things to try to fix it.
In this piece, we will discuss some reasons why your AirTag’s location may not update and provide suggestions for resolving the issue.
Why Your AirTag’s Location Isn’t Updating
A variety of reasons may prevent your AirTag from updating its location. Some of the most frequent are as follows:
- The AirTag is out of range of your iPhone or another device in the Find My network. Using Bluetooth, AirTags may exchange data with your iPhone or any other device connected to the Find My network. The AirTag will not be able to receive location updates if it is not in range of these devices.
- The AirTag’s battery is low. The CR2032 coin cell battery is what powers AirTags. If the AirTag’s battery is low, it won’t be able to send a new location update.
- There is a problem with the AirTag itself. The AirTag may not be able to update its position if it has been damaged or is not operating properly.
If your Airtag is not updating location, you can do a few things. These are some suggestions:
- Ensure that you turn on your iPhone or another device in the Find My network and connect it to the internet.To receive updates from your AirTag, you must power on and connect your iPhone or other device to the internet.
- Make sure that Bluetooth is turned on on your iPhone or other device. Your iPhone or other Bluetooth-enabled device will need Bluetooth in order to talk to your AirTag.
- Make sure that the Find My app is up to date. Apple frequently rolls out new versions of the Find My app. Make sure you’re using the most recent version of the app for the best experience and the fewest bugs.
- Move your iPhone or another device closer to the AirTag. Your iPhone or other device is more likely to get an updated location from the AirTag the closer it is near the AirTag.
- Remove and re-add the AirTag to the Find My app. Resetting the AirTag in this way occasionally fixes connectivity problems.
- Replace the AirTag’s battery. Low battery power might prevent the AirTag from updating its position.
If your AirTag’s location is still not updating after trying all of these solutions, you may want to contact Apple Support.
Here are a few additional tips to help you keep your AirTag’s location accurate:
- Keep the AirTag charged. The AirTag’s battery life is estimated to be around one year.However, regular use of the AirTag may necessitate more frequent charging.
- Keep the AirTag clean. It is possible for dirt and debris to block the AirTag’s microphone and speaker.This may disable the AirTag’s ability to make noise or receive software updates.
- Keep the AirTag dry. However, the AirTag is not watertight.AirTags shouldn’t be left wet for long periods of time.
If you follow these guidelines, your AirTag’s location will always be as up-to-date as possible.