What Causes Wyze Error Code 90?
- Network issues: There could be an issue with your router or Wi-Fi network preventing the camera from accessing the internet.
- Power issues: There may not be enough juice for the camera.
- SD card issues: The camera can die if it doesn’t have enough power.
- Firmware issues: There could be out-of-date firmware on the camera.
How to Fix Wyze Error Code 90
Wyze error code 90 can be fixed in a few different ways. Some of the most typical responses are as follows:
Check your network connection.
Verify both the presence of power to your router and a robust Wi-Fi connection. Connecting the camera straight to the router may help if you’re experiencing issues with your Wi-Fi range extender.
Power cycle the camera.
Please turn off the camera’s power source for 30 seconds before reconnecting. In many cases, this will fix the issue by eliminating any lingering issues.
Check the SD card.
An SD card must be removed from a camera that uses one and formatted on a computer. The SD card should then be returned to the camera.
Update the camera’s firmware.
Launch the Wyze app, and then head to the settings menu for the connected device. If there is a newer version of the device’s firmware available, you should install that version if it is accessible.
Factory reset the camera.
If none of the above solutions work, you might have to return the camera to its factory defaults. Ensure you have a backup of your configurations before proceeding, as doing so will permanently remove them. To return the camera to factory settings, press and hold the setup button for ten seconds.
If you’ve exhausted the options and are still receiving the Wyze error code 90, you may need to resort to more sophisticated troubleshooting methods. Here are some options to consider:
- Change the Wi-Fi channel: If the camera still doesn’t work, try switching the Wi-Fi channel it’s using.
- Disable DHCP: You may give the camera a permanent IP address by turning off DHCP on the router.
- Update your router’s firmware: Ensure no new firmware has been released since you last checked.
- Contact Wyze support: If you’ve already done those things and you’re still having issues, you may ask Wyze support for help.
Preventing Wyze Error Code 90
You can take specific measures to reduce the likelihood of receiving Wyze Error Code 90 again. Some advice is as follows:
- Update the firmware on your router regularly.
- Updating your camera’s firmware is essential.
- Get yourself a sound SD card.
- Make sure there is adequate juice going to your camera.
- If possible, avoid putting your camera in a location with poor Wi-Fi reception.
Fixing Wyze Error Code 90 is a breeze if you follow the advice in this article. If you’ve exhausted these options and are still experiencing problems, you may contact Wyze support for extra assistance.
As always, we appreciate your time and feedback. Please feel free to ask if you need clarification.